[kde-solaris] KDE 3.4.1: SVG icon edges

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jul 14 05:27:52 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 23:21, Derek Konigsberg wrote:
> 	First of all, big thanks to Stefan for putting this build
> together.  (tried building/patching KDE 3.4 myself when it first
> came out, and gave up after a while)  Things are working
> wonderfully and I'm extremely happy.  (even the anti-aliased fonts
> look great)  Only functional kink is that Konqeror doesn't verify
> SSL certificates from sites when it should, but that's probably
> fixable with some poking.
> 	My main issue here, though, is the SVG icons (particularly the
> default Crystal SVG theme).  For some reason, they're not
> anti-aliased, and thus look very jagged around the edges.  I'd
> almost prefer a pre-rendered set of visually smooth Crystal icons,
> if anyone knows where to find them.  Of course if these SVG icons
> rendered with smooth edges, that would fix the problem. Any ideas?
>
> -Derek

Hi.

Does this happen on SPARC ? i have the exact same issue on SPARC,
although i have a pretty good monitor (Sun LCD) and video card (Elite
3DM6). it does not happen on x86 at all -- the Crystal icons look
beautiful there. and i haven't been able to figure out yet what the
cause is. the only difference is that on SPARC we use Xsun whereas on
x86 i use Xorg.

i will keep poking around hopefully i find the reason and a fix.

thank you very much for the very kind words! :-)