[kde-solaris] Scribus 1.2 packages for Solaris 8/9 SPARC available

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Sun Sep 19 16:49:08 CEST 2004

Hi.

I have just uploaded Scribus 1.2 for both Solaris 8 and 9.

Scribus is a wonderful Desktop Publishing application which comes with
tons of features, none the least of which being the ability to save a
document in PDF format (there's many many many more features). I find
it similar in approach and functionality to FrameMaker, but it's much
more user-friendly. I have been testing this build for a few days
now, and it seems very stable.

The very first time it starts, Scribus will gather info about all the
available fonts on your machine. So, please don't be alarmed if it
takes a minute while doing this.

All of Scribus' external dependencies (gimp, ImageMagick, GhostScript,
etc) are satisfied by kderequired. You should probably install
Acrobat 5.0 or better (available from Adobe), if you don't already
have it.

Very good documentation and a lot of Scribus document templates and
scripts are available for download from Scribus's site:
http://www.scribus.net/.

Also, KOffice 1.3.3 is built, packaged and ready to go. I can't
release it yet, because it hasn't been officially released. :-)

Enjoy.