[kde-solaris] printing with KDE on a solaris9 (sparc) platform

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Sat Sep 18 01:04:20 CEST 2004

Hi.

There is a full distro of cups 1.1.19 available in
/opt/fsw4sun/cups-1.1.19 (comes with the kderequired package).

In /opt/fsw4sun/cups-1.1.19/etc/rc3.d there's a sample statup script
-- S99cups -- to enable boot time startup of the cups scheduler.

The cupsd.conf configuration file is in
/opt/fsw4sun/cups-1.1.19/etc/cups/cupsd.conf

It probably needs editing for your specific needs (this is just the
vanilla version which comes with the distro).

For configuring cups, adding printers, etc:

http://www.cups.org/

After configuring and starting cups, you can choose CUPS printing from
the KDE Kontrol Center (Printers).

The cups daemon is very lightweight. You won't even know it's running.

--Stefan

-----