[kde-solaris] Clarification about Scribus 1.2 packages for Solaris 8/9

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Tue Sep 21 03:37:29 CEST 2004

Something about Scribus, which i just realized, and thank you, Lars,
for pointing this out to me.

There is an *old* build of scribus in /opt/fsw4sun/{bin,lib}. I
believe it's Scribus 1.1.10 or 1.1.12. This build never worked, it
SIGSEGV's.

The *new* Scribus 1.2 (just released yesterday) installs in
/opt/kde-3.3.0/{bin,lib}. This one does not crash, and this is the
one you should be using. :-)

It's really my fault that this old Scribus build made it in
kderequired -- i just completely forgot it was there. You can safely
get rid of it -- nothing depends on it:

root#> cd /opt/fsw4sun
root#> find . -name "*scribus*" -exec rm -rf {} -print
./bin/scribus
./include/scribus
./lib/scribus
root#>

I am very sorry for this confusion. I'll make sure it doesn't make it
in the next release of kderequired.

--Stefan

-----