[kde-solaris] swap space requirements [was: KDE 3.1.4 - Can'ttalk to klauncher]

Laurent Blume laurent at elanor.org
Tue Jan 27 10:42:30 CET 2004

Quoting Marco Walther <Marco.Walther at sun.com>:

> EB> With gcc you use the little utility namned "strip" to remove debug
> information
> EB> from binaries. Don't know wether it works for Forte compiled binaries.
>
> Yes, it does.

I do remember breaking files by using the wrong version of strip.
It was on Solaris 8 x86 at the time, and since then, I've been careful to use
only GNU strip on GCC/GNU binutils-built software.
I had particularly noted that stripping copies of the same file with both strips
was resulting in files with different sizes.

Has it changed since then? Or maybe it is valid only when using GCC with Sun's
binutils?

Laurent