[kde-solaris] KDE 3.1.4 installation problems

Roman Maeder maeder at mathconsult.ch
Sun Jan 18 12:16:22 CET 2004

> While i can't vouch for the integrity or correctness of any mirror
> sites, you should probably try to download from a different mirror
> site again (i would recommend ibiblio).

it turned out that kdebase was not installed correctly (the package itself
was ok). After reinstallation everything suddenly works. My first impression
of KDE: WOW! I am a veteran of sunview and openwindows (with, ghasp, 17
years of experience dating back to the times of the Sun 3/50). After a brief
look at Sun's Gnome 2.0, it now looks like I found my next desktop.

thank you for the excellent job of packaging KDE for Solaris,

Roman