[kde-solaris] Failed to accept ICE connection - again...

Richard kdesolaris at nergenshuizen.nl
Tue Feb 17 17:36:14 CET 2004

Hi,

Unfortunately, correcting permissions on /tmp/.ICE-unix (and restarting
KDE) did not prevent this from happening again.
Plenty of swap is free and available.

However, I've noticed one thing that may shed light on this. The last
two(*) times this has happened to me, the last message before the deluge
of_KDE_IceTransSocketUNIXAccept: accept() failed
Failed to accept ICE connection!
starts, is
DCOP: register 'anonymous-7799' -> number of clients is now 246

Is 246 a kind of limit to the amount of registered DCOP-clients possible?
And, if so, is there a way to increase it?
Thanks,
Richard

(*) It happened a total of three times, I think. The first time I didn't
notice anything except /home filling up. Since this is a NFS share for a
lot of users that started having troubles because of my .xsession-errors
growing to over 2.4GB I figured to free up space and check problems later.
I'm now wrting .xsession-errors to a non-swap location on my local
machine.

--
Het begint met margarine, en het eindigt met de teloorgang van
alle menselijke waarden!