[kde-solaris] Re: KDE 3.2 CVS: starting konqueror via dcop -> core

Torsten Kasch tk at CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Tue Feb 17 17:23:07 CET 2004

Hi all,

sorry for being so unresponsive lately, but I'm currently out of the office
and during the past weeks I couldn't spend as much time on this issue as I
wanted (and probably won't be able to do further debugging until
mid-March... :-(

Anyway, since I've received some requests in private mail from people with the
same problem, I'll summarize to the list:

* The "cannot-start-Konqueror" problem still persists for me as well.

* Philippe kindly provided me a list of patches installed on his Sol8 systems,
  but I couldn't set up an apropriate test system here, yet (we've upgraded
  most of our systems to Sol 8 earlier this year...)

* It looks very much like an OS bug (triggered by Qt, probably) to me,
  although I've got not evidence right now.

So far the bad news. Perhaps someone else has some time to look into this
further during the next couple of weeks? At least it doesn't seem to be a
screwed-up installation...

cheers,
	Torsten