[kde-solaris] Re: Solaris unistd.h

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Tue Feb 3 11:37:24 CET 2004

Hi again!

On Monday 02 February 2004 23:10, Torsten Kasch wrote:
> The problem is that gcc 2.x doesn't understand the "#pragma
> redefine_extname" statements which are used to redefine the *64 function
> names, so a simple "#define" is used as a fallback. The latter breaks
> because some Qt methods (e.g. truncate) get redefined by the preprocessor
> as well...
Oh yes, this seems to be a reasonable explanation. I still wonder why truncate
is mapped to truncate64 although the latter is only defined if
_LARGEFILE64_SUPPORT is #defined, but this is not the case, but off_t is
already 64bit. So I think the whole redefine_extname/#define-section should
be #ifdef'ed with _LARGEFILE64_SUPPORT.

Thanks for your thoughts..

--
Ciao, /  /