[kde-solaris] Solaris 8 native 32-bit port

thefrog kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Mon Jan 20 21:30:01 2003

On Monday 20 January 2003 17:12, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have finished porting arts-1.1, kdelibs-3.1 and kdebase-3.1 to
> Solaris 8 32-bit with the Sun Forte 7 (native) C++ compiler. The
> performance improvement is very noticeable (about 30% faster than
> GCC). I am planning on porting the entire KDE 3.1 release to Solaris
> 32 and 64 bit with the Sun Forte compiler.
>
> If anyone is insterested, please let me know. :-)

For sure! I have the feeling that kde 3.1 isn't that bad on a lazy sun bl=
ade=20
100, but it's not really a rocket ):-
So performance improvement is always appreciated. Do you plan to do packa=
ges?

regards
rainald