[kde-solaris] Re: KDE on Solaris Companion CD

Bart Whiteley kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Mon Feb 24 19:00:14 2003

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 10:56:19AM -0600, LeBar, Russell wrote:
> We are currently still using KDE 1.2 on those production Sun Ray servers. I
> would really, really like to be able to use KDE 3.1 as migrating our users
> to that will be much easier than going to GNOME (and I personally think KDE
> is the better desktop, especially for new users). If SUN could provide
> packages of the latest release shortly after it came out then we would be
> using them. I can understand why SUN made GNOME the new default desktop,
> <snip>

I can't.  I would be very interested in hearing Sun's reasons for
this decision, however.

--
Bart Whiteley             Computer Scientist   voice: (925) 423-2249
National Atmospheric Release Advisory Center   FAX: (925) 423-8274