[kde-solaris] KDE 3.1.4 binary packageing

LeBar, Russell J Russell.J.LeBar at erac.com
Wed Dec 17 18:26:59 CET 2003

> But lets not forget over this side discussion, that the KDE
> for Solaris
> stuff is just wonderful.  Thank you very much, Stefan!

Unfortunately I have not had a chance to try it. I usually compile KDE myself and was planning on waiting for KDE 3.2 to come out before I had another go at it. I might try this one out on a test box, but I'm concerned about the usual problem of what do I need installed and what may conflict with that (which could be a big deal on production systems). How much of a difference in performance has the SUN's C++ compiler made? That could get me drooling.

Regardless, the SUNW naming *is* a big problem as I cannot install it on a production system with SUNW package names.

-- Russ LeBar