[kde-solaris] /tmp/mcop-username not owned by user

Hansjoerg Maurer Hansjoerg.Maurer at dlr.de
Wed Dec 17 19:58:55 CET 2003

Hi,

when starting KDE 3.1.4 as normal user, I got the following error.
"/tmp/mcop-username not owned by user"

The permissions of /tmp/mcop-username are
drwx------   2 root     sysadmin     117 Dec 17 19:22 mcop-maurer/

Therefore sound doesn't start

A much seriouser consequence of this problem is, that
the lines
cd "/tmp/mcop-${USER}"
/bin/rm -rf `ls -1`
at the end of
startkde

can't access the directory to, and therefore the second line starts
deleting files in my /home ...
And I was wondering, why the logout takes so much time :-(
(... we have a netapp filer which makes snapshots 5 times a day so the
restore was no problem :-))

Greetings

Hansjörg

Dr.  Hansjoerg Maurer           | LAN- & System-Manager

Deutsches Zentrum               | DLR Oberpfaffenhofen
  f. Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.   |
Institut f. Robotik             |
Postfach 1116                   | Muenchner Strasse 20
82230 Wessling                  | 82234 Wessling
Germany                         |

Tel: 08153/28-2431              | E-mail: Hansjoerg.Maurer at dlr.de
Fax: 08153/28-1134              | WWW: http://www.robotic.dlr.de/

There are 10 types of people in this world,