[kde-solaris] KDE & Sun GNOME

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Wed Aug 13 00:27:25 CEST 2003

I will gladly make the FAM port sources and a FAM Sun pkg available.

It's FAM in filesystem polling mode for now, but it is very fast. The
performance improvement compared to KDE filesystem polling is about
3x.

I am in the middle of porting it to kernel async callback mode, and i
am about half-way through. This has to be done right, otherwise all
hell breaks loose. :-)

I have been running it on my Sun box (Solaris 8) since early May, and
it has not shown any problems at all. My current (development) build
of KDE 3.1.2 uses FAM, and the next Solaris release of KDE will
definitely use FAM.

If someone would be so kind and point me to the right direction as to
whom to contact regarding FAM, i would greatly appreciate it! I would
be very happy to provide the FAM project with the Sun pkg's and the
Solaris port source.

--Stefan

-----