[kde-solaris] KDE & Sun GNOME

Rolf Sponsel Rolf.Sponsel at kstr.lth.se
Wed Aug 13 00:17:26 CEST 2003

Lars Tunkrans wrote:

> [... SNIP ...]
>
>     Some of them  like  FAM  and  MAD   depends on Gcc extensions and
> are  also very linux  dependent .
>     so I have  skipped  FAM but build MAD with GCC.
>
>            Stefan has mentioned that  He ported FAM to solaris ,  It
> would be  great to get hold of  that
>     port  !
>
> [... SNIP ...]
>
>    //Lars

I agree, that's great! :-)

I'd suggest Stefan feeds his work back to the FAM project so that
his efforts become integrated into the next release of the product
(and maybe politely ask for a "quick" patched FAM 2.6.11 release).

But I'm not quite sure what "has ported FAM to solaris" means?

Has Stefan patched FAM 2.6.10 with the findings we spotted when
compiling FAM on Solaris (and also have reported back via the FAM
mailing list) or has he (you Stefan) managed to implement a kernel
monitor for Solaris so that it works without having to poll the
file system periodically? That would even be greater! :-)

--
----
------

Rolf Sponsel