[kde-solaris] Pkgtools, 64-bit, etc.

Lars Tunkrans lars.tunkrans at bredband.net
Mon Apr 28 21:55:03 CEST 2003

Hello Stefan,

   I have used   " -fast  -xtarget=ultra -xarch=v8plusa "
    -fast  includes  --xmemalign=8s  and -xprefetch=auto,explicit

  Did  you build  libmad  ?   it contains  GNUC specific MUL  instructions
  in the sourcefile  synth.c , according to the author.

This is my trackrecord so far, any comments on the
last section ? ( Problem packages )

So far I have been able to build:
--------------------------------

aalib-1.4.0
audiofile-0.2.3
bzip2-1.02.      ( not installed as it is standard in solaris 9 )
freetype-2.1.4
jpeg-6b
lcms-1.09
libao-0.8.3
libart_lgpl-2.3.11
libmng-1.0.5
libogg-1.0
libpng-1.2.5
libvorbis-1.0
libxml2-2.5.6
libxslt-1.0.29
openldap-2.0.27
openssl-0.9.6i
pcre-4.2
pilot-link-0.11.7
pkgconfig-0.15.0
python-2.2.2
libmal-0.31
readline-4.2a
samba-2.2.8a
sane-backends-1.0.11
sane-frontends-1.0.10
SDL-1.2.5
tiff-v3.5.7
zlib-1.1.4      ( not installed  part of solaris 9 )

Not yet attempted:
------------------

doxygen-1.3-rc3
gnupg-1.2.1
htdig-3.1.6
lame-3.93.1
libgnugetopt-1.2
expat-1.95

Problem  packages:
------------------

mad-0.14.2.b      ( source contains GNUC extensions ! )
ImageMagick-5.5.6  (  Builds but  regression tests fails  )
fcpackage.2_1    (  Xft  Not sure if possible to build  with the solaris9  version of Xrender )
                  (  The Xrender in fcpackage is newer than the solaris9  one. )

fam-2.6.9        (  Builds on Linux and freeBSD  I need to se if freebsd patches make the difference )
                   (  Does not build with GCC on solaris 9 )

libsmb-1.0-pre2   ( does not build with GCC on solaris9. Seems to be linux only code. )

As this is a lot of sourcecode  and  bound to make conflicts
with one package or the other that someone will have installed.
I am not sure it is a good idea to just package this lot up
with kde.  Comments are welcome.

//Lars