[kde-solaris] Pkgtools, 64-bit, etc.

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Sun Apr 27 19:49:50 CEST 2003

Hi!

To instruct the Sun compiler to produce UltraSPARC specific optimized
instructions, you can use one of the following flags:

for 32-bit:
-dalign -xprefetch-yes -xtarget=ultra2 -xarch=v8plus
-dalign -xprefetch-yes -xtarget=ultra2 -xarch=v8plusa

for 64-bit:
-dalign -xprefetch-yes -xtarget=ultra2 -xarch=v9
-dalign -xprefetch-yes -xtarget=ultra2 -xarch=v9a
-dalign -xprefetch-yes -xtarget=ultra3 -xarch=v9b (works only on
UltraSPARC III)

I agree that it is unlikely that 64-bit will produce any significant
performance improvement.

As a side note, i have built all the KDE packages, including QT and
the additional libraries (SDL, mng, etc) in SUNWkderequired with
Forte 7, with -dalign -xprefetch-yes -xtarget=ultra2 -xarch=v8plus.

--Stefan

-----