[kde-solaris] KDE, checkpass and smartcards

Mathias Meyer mailings at beatsteaks.de
Thu Apr 10 15:55:04 CEST 2003

On Thursday 10 April 2003 02:31 Stefan Teleman wrote:
> I am in the process of building the KDE 3.1 (Solaris 8 SPARC) packages
> in Sun pkg format. I know it's been taking me very long -- building
> Sun pkg's from scratch is a major pain. :-) Essentially, i have to
> write the pkginfo files by hand, since i know of no graphical utility
> to do this (maybe there are some and i just don't know ...) this file
> has to contain all the paths for all the files which belong to a
> given package. And before i do that, i have to double-check all the
> *.la files to make sure the paths they point to are correct (very
> often they point to my build area instead of the release root tree).

Build Sun packages actually doesn't have to be that hard. I successfully
used the PKG-Tools (http://www.bpfh.net/computing/software/pkg-tools/) to
build and packaged CUPS 1.1.18, Qt 3.1.2, kdelibs 3.1.1, kdebase 3.1.1
and Umbrello 1.1.1 on Solaris 9 (Release 9/02, without Xrender) without a
problem. Workin and everything ;)

If anyone's interested and willing to test, scream.

Regards,
Mathias
--
"only wimps use backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" - linus torvalds