[kde-solaris] KDE, checkpass and smartcards

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Wed Apr 9 20:31:51 CEST 2003

I am in the process of building the KDE 3.1 (Solaris 8 SPARC) packages
in Sun pkg format. I know it's been taking me very long -- building
Sun pkg's from scratch is a major pain. :-) Essentially, i have to
write the pkginfo files by hand, since i know of no graphical utility
to do this (maybe there are some and i just don't know ...) this file
has to contain all the paths for all the files which belong to a
given package. And before i do that, i have to double-check all the
*.la files to make sure the paths they point to are correct (very
often they point to my build area instead of the release root tree).

I am kindly asking everyone to bear with me for a little bit while i
finish the packages. Ron Nash and KDE have very generously provided
online storage space, so that will not be a problem -- i would like
to extend my deepest thanks for their generosity.

Thank you everyone for your patience!

--Stefan

-----