[kde-solaris] Issues with FAM LIBSMB Xft

Brian Foddy kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Tue Apr 1 19:40:02 2003

Looks like we've been both doing similar work.
I just started my kde311 build within the hour.  Seems ok
for now.
3 questions:
1.  are the options beside -mcpu=ultrasparc needed?  I used
-O2 -mcpu=ultrasparc
thinking the mcpu flag would allow any ultrasparc instructions
and optimize ordering for ultrasparc also.  I'm only using a
300Mhz Ultrasparc II chip, so I can't go too far.

2.  Did you encounter the kdepim problem I just posted?
Of all the kde311 parts, I'd like to build the calendar parts to
test the Outlook features.

3.  I had several minor breaks during the build relating to
not linking in -lz libs correctly. If I manually re-ran the
statement with the -lz, it worked.  Looks like config didn't
build the makefiles quite correctly.  Did you see this also?

Brian