[kde-solaris] Issues with FAM LIBSMB Xft

Lars Tunkrans kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Tue Apr 1 19:22:01 2003

Hello,

I have been able to build almost all of the subsystems
programs and utilities within the KDE3.1 and 3.1.1 releses,
upon the base of Sparc/Solaris 9 12/02
Also I have been using the Xrender subsystem that was released with
Solaris 9 12/02 and the  subsequent SUN PATCH 113098-04,
The reason for the patch was to allow Staroffice 6 to work correctly
with the SUN supplied Xrender subsystem.

I have been using the KDE 3.1 requirements web page as a guide.

The subsystems that I have not been able to port/compile are

the SGI  FAM  library
The LIBSMB  library
and the Xft  X11 extension in the fontconfig/fcpackage

I am interested in info on how to build these three packages
or alternate sources thereof other than pointed out on the KDE 3.1
requierments page.

I swithced to the flex 2.5.27 from lex.sourceforge.net because of the
Umbrello-1.1.1 package needed it.

I have made the build of KDE 3.1.1  with the GCC 3.2.2 and the options

   "-O3 -mcpu=ultrasparc -mtune=ultrasparc -Wa,-xarch=v8plusa  "

this seems to work , I am running this on a SUNBlade 100  and
on a SUNBlade 2000.

I can make a report on the percived stability later on.

Regards
Lars Tunkrans