[kde-solaris] Issues with FAM LIBSMB Xft

Lars Tunkrans kde-solaris@mail.kde.org
Tue Apr 1 20:00:00 2003

Brian Foddy wrote:
> Looks like we've been both doing similar work.
> I just started my kde311 build within the hour.  Seems ok
> for now.
> 3 questions:
> 1.  are the options beside -mcpu=ultrasparc needed?  I used
> -O2 -mcpu=ultrasparc
> thinking the mcpu flag would allow any ultrasparc instructions
> and optimize ordering for ultrasparc also.  I'm only using a
> 300Mhz Ultrasparc II chip, so I can't go too far.

    Not really sure wehter the -mtune=ultrasparc really makes any difference.
   The -Wa,-xarch=v8plusa  tells the SUN assembler/linker to produce
   code that uses the UltrASparc VIS INSTRUCTIONS if nessesary/possible.

> 2.  Did you encounter the kdepim problem I just posted?
> Of all the kde311 parts, I'd like to build the calendar parts to
> test the Outlook features.

    I have been using the Kontact version of kdepim.
    ( search for Kontact on apps.kde.com )
    Ill try to build the Vanilla kdepim .

> 3.  I had several minor breaks during the build relating to
> not linking in -lz libs correctly. If I manually re-ran the
> statement with the -lz, it worked.  Looks like config didn't
> build the makefiles quite correctly.  Did you see this also?

No. this is likely because you have not given enough detalied
searchpaths  for libraries and includefiles. I have

LDFLAGS=-L/usr/sfw/lib -L/opt/sfw/lib -L/usr/local/lib
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/sfw/include -I/opt/sfw/include -I/usr/local/includelib

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/qt/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/opt/SUNWmlib/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/sfw/lib:/opt/sfw/lib:/usr/local/kde/lib

This is for Solaris 9. With the First Customer Shipment of Gnome 2 installed.

> Brian

Lars Tunkrans