KDE Installation Error

Komal Bharadiya komalbharadiya at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 13:33:36 GMT 2018

Hi Team,
I am Komal from Pune(India). I am novice to open source as of now but
really interested to learn and contribute for this organization.
I have been trying to set up KDE environment on my system. I am following
the steps given on the official site.
https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source

But when it comes to "Run kdesrc-build" step, it has errors which I am not
able to troubleshoot since days. I really need help here.
The terminal pops up with this error:
Running cmake...
Unable to configure kdevelop with CMake!
Unable to configure kdevelop with KDE

Removing 1 out of 2 old log directories...

<<<  PACKAGES FAILED TO BUILD  >>>
kdevelop - ~/kdesrc/log/2018-12-24-03/kdevelop/cmake.log

The following modules have failed to build 3 or more times in a row:
kdevelop

There is probably a local error causing this kind of consistent failure, it
is recommended to verify no issues on the system.

:-(
Your logs are saved in /home/komal/kdesrc/log/2018-12-24-03
The error.log file shows this error--
 Could not find a configuration file for package "Qt5" that is compatible
  with requested version "5.7.0".

  The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:

    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake, version: 5.5.1

See also "/home/komal/kdesrc/build/kdevelop/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

I have tried resolving this through various sites, but it doesnt help. I
also went through this link--   http://packages.ubuntu.com, in case if
there were some packages to be installed but the official ubuntu site also
doesnt have these updated versions.

Same is the case with  'libkomparediff2'--

 Could not find a configuration file for package "KF5KIO" that is compatible
  with requested version "5.28.0".

  The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:

    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/KF5KIO/KF5KIOConfig.cmake, version:
5.18.0

Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:28 (find_package)

-- Could NOT find KF5KIO , checked the following files:
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/KF5KIO/KF5KIOConfig.cmake (version
5.18.0)

CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:148
(message):
  Could NOT find KF5 (missing: CoreAddons Codecs Config XmlGui I18n KIO)
  (Required is at least version "5.28.0")
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:388
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /usr/local/share/ECM/find-modules/FindKF5.cmake:110
(find_package_handle_standard_args)
  CMakeLists.txt:28 (find_package)

I am using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
I would be really very grateful, if I could get help in this. I am
totally stuck. I have tried lot many ways but couldn't resolve the
errors.
Sorry, for creating this nuissance. But I really need help!

Thank you Team in anticipation!

Regards,
Komal