Fwd: [GSoC Mentors] GSoC 2019 Google OSPO hosted meetup (Brussels, Belgium)

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 20:45:19 GMT 2018

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: 'ssampat' via Google Summer of Code Mentors List <
google-summer-of-code-mentors-list at googlegroups.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 12:04 PM
Subject: [GSoC Mentors] GSoC 2019 Google OSPO hosted meetup (Brussels,
Belgium)
To: Google Summer of Code Mentors List <
google-summer-of-code-mentors-list at googlegroups.com>

Hello GSoC and GCI Participants!

We are excited to announce details for our meetup coming up in early 2019.

The event below is open to the following participants (ages 18 and over)
who have been a part of the programs anytime over the last 14 years:

   -

   Successful GSoC students
   -

   GSoC mentors and org admins
   -

   GCI mentors and org admins
   -

   GCI winners

Saturday, February 2 - Brussels, Belgium ~5:30pm (during FOSDEM weekend) @
a restaurant/pub near Grand Place.

https://goo.gl/forms/3HjLMEbutg8Ju7LW2
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NUAj5QuQOpAa1o_oQ9ejLS2vL5DJnitOGexp5QImPrU/edit>

Pre-registration is required for this event. You are confirmed once you
register and we will send additional details for the location about a week
before the event with directions, check-in procedures, etc. If you need to
cancel after registering please email so we can get another person into the
event.

We are still exploring more locations around the world for later in 2019.
We can’t make it everywhere but we are trying to reach as many of you as we
can!

Please remember we are not offering any kind of travel assistance or
funding to attend these events (including issuing visa invitations). You
can speak directly with your org to see if they might be willing to
allocate part of their travel funds to you but that is entirely up to your
org.

We hope to see you soon. And if you happen to be at FOSDEM please stop by
and see us at the Google Summer of Code stand.

Hearty thanks to all of the mentors and org admins!

Best,

Google Open Source Programs

This was on the GSoC Mentors list, but some of you mentors and all of you
students might not be there. KDE will not be offering travel assistance,
but if you will be heading to FOSDEM anyway, why not stop in?

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez