Evaluations, and your status page

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 06:12:04 UTC 2017

Hello students, the end of the contest is in sight! About 30% of you
have not yet submitted your evaluations. Please don't wait until the
last moment; if you miss this evaluation it is an automatic fail, and
there will be nothing we can do to change that.

Your status pages -- those I've looked at are adequate. However, look
beyond the end of the contest, and think what other uses you will have
for this page in the future. Keep in mind that your status page can be
edited up the deadline, so if you have images and some text you want
to insert, you have time to do that. You may want to submit this link
to some teacher or professor, or even a prospective employer.

Here are some recent examples I've seen tonight, for other orgs:
https://dhavalkapil.com/blogs/Elasticsearch-Lua-GSOC-2016/ -
https://sambhavkothari.blogspot.in/2017/08/500-commits-of-summer-my-story-of-foss.html
- http://nihal111.github.io/2017/08/15/GSoC-wrap-up.html

If you don't know how to embed images and videos into your page, check
the right-hand bar in particular Contributor Help Pages and Tools.
Jazz it up with some of the images you probably already have uploaded
to your blogs, and some simple text giving some context to your lists
of links.

It's been great working with you as students, and I look forward to
working with you as fellow KDE contributors and GCi mentors -- and why
not, GSoC mentors eventually!

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez