KDE-SoC Kopete IRC Protocol

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 09:20:49 UTC 2016

On Thursday 17 March 2016 17:39:06 Narek Babajanyan wrote:
> Greetings everyone,

Hi!

> I'm writing to express my interest in participating in Kopete IRC plugin
> development project.

Great! I would really like to see IRC protocol support back in Kopete.

> Short introduction: I'm a 2nd year Computational Sciences student at the
> American University of Armenia. I have a background with Java/Android
> development, however learning Qt development will not be a problem. I'm
> willing to dive into this particular project since I have some experience
> with the IRC protocol (mostly from making IRC bots).

Experience with IRC protocol is useful, but you would need to learn also
our Kopete/KDE/Qt code... I hope you it will not be hard for you.

> In the meantime, I'll try to work on some minor bugs to familiarize myself
> with the code.

That is good start point.

> Looking forward to working with all of you,
>
> Best regards,
> Narek.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Do not forget to create project proposal in Google GSoC system.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com