Project in GSoC

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Sat Mar 26 13:50:17 CET 2011

Hi :)

2011/3/26 Anand Srivastava <linkinanand at gmail.com>:
> Respected Sir,
> Myself is Anand Kumar , currently student in B-Tech (Bachelor of technology-
> IT[Information
> technology]) at IIITA , Allahabad ,U.P. , India. I'm highly interested to
> work for some of the kde
> project in GsoC. I've already gone through the list of the project & I've
> found the project
> “Photo Frame Layout” under digikam very interesting.

Great!
Please get in touch with the digikam team about that. They have links
to their mailing list and IRC channel here:
http://www.digikam.org/drupal/contact

> Apart from this project
> I've also some idea
> that you might consider for developing under kde :-
>     1. A Download Accelerator(KDac) :- It'll download any given link in
> accelerated rate with the
>          some extra features as in the Internet Download Manager. I've also
> developed a prototype for it
>          that you can see at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VAe6ORt3Ec .
>     2. An FTP Client(KFtp) :- It'll be a GUI based FTP client with a very
> easy to use feature like
>          FireFTP add-on of firefox with additional drag from anywhere drop
> anywhere feature (eg :-
>          Any file & folder from anywhere can be dragged and dropped anywhere
> (either from ftp server
>          file to local system or from local file system to ftp server).

I am not sure who would be willing to mentor those. Maybe you can ask
on kde-devel at kde.org.

Good luck refining these ideas and writing your proposal :)

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher