Project in GSoC

Anand Srivastava linkinanand at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 12:47:05 CET 2011

Respected Sir,
Myself is Anand Kumar , currently student in B-Tech (Bachelor of technology-
IT[Information
technology]) at IIITA , Allahabad ,U.P. , India. I'm highly interested to
work for some of the kde
project in GsoC. I've already gone through the list of the project & I've
found the project
“*Photo Frame Layout*” under *digikam* very interesting. Apart from this
project I've also some idea
that you might consider for developing under kde :-
    1. *A Download Accelerator(KDac)* :- It'll download any given link in
accelerated rate with the
         some extra features as in the Internet Download Manager. I've also
developed a prototype for it
         that you can see at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VAe6ORt3Ec .
    2. *An FTP Client(KFtp)* :- It'll be a GUI based FTP client with a very
easy to use feature like
         FireFTP add-on of firefox with additional drag from anywhere drop
anywhere feature (eg :-
         Any file & folder from anywhere can be dragged and dropped anywhere
(either from ftp server
         file to local system or from local file system to ftp server).

As I fulfill the basic requirement for the project (c++ ,Qt ) , I'm a
potential candidate for project.Apart
from this I'm very innovative , always willing to do some new work.I'm
always trying to learn &
understand new technology , in this process I've learned many things that I
can apply in the project.

I've already used digicam & very well aware of it's functionality. I've also
been working on Qt (both in
c++ & python) from last 2 years , therefore I've quite a well understanding
of what to do.
In other 2 proposed project as I've already developed a prototype for
project-1(Download Accelerator).
I'm well aware of the problems & their solution. I've also studied various
RFC documents for FTP from
where I've gathered the working knowledge of ftp , therefore I'm quite sure
that I can do that.

As I'm free for the entire summer I will be able to give 40 hrs of work per
week for the project.Also
I've no problem from working with mentor miles away.To track the work we can
communicate through
mails & google docs in which I will update the progress of the work that
mentor will be able to see
when he gets time.

My native knowledge is not english but as my english is quite well it's not
a problem.My native
language is hindi.

Address :- BH-3 IIITA
             room number-953
             peepalgaon , devghat Jhalwa
             IIITA , Allahabad , U.P. , India

I'm also attaching my CV with this mail.Please collect the attachment.
I'll be waiting for the reply.

Thanking you in advance.

Yours sincerely
-Anand Kumar