Fwd: GSoC Idea based on Kmid

Marijn Kruisselbrink mkruisselbrink at kde.org
Fri Apr 8 22:40:19 CEST 2011

On Friday, April 08, 2011 12:01:14 pm Valentin Rusu wrote:
> Here is the original posting of a student, named Roshan Vidyashankar,
> wiling to build some music notation software based on kmid. Basically, he
> wants to add musical notation (tablature) view with realtime highlighting
> of the notes as they are playing.
For the music score part of this proposal (and for other parts too probably),
the work I did a couple of SoC's ago to add music notation support to Calligra
can probably be of great use. The whole music notation support there consists
already of a separate library that can easily be reused and a calligra-plugin
linking to this library. I'd certainly be interested in co-mentoring this idea
if it would be selected.

Marijn