Fwd: GSoC Idea based on Kmid

Jos van den Oever jos at vandenoever.info
Sat Apr 9 18:10:39 CEST 2011

On Friday, April 08, 2011 22:40:19 pm Marijn Kruisselbrink wrote:
> On Friday, April 08, 2011 12:01:14 pm Valentin Rusu wrote:
> > Here is the original posting of a student, named Roshan Vidyashankar,
> > wiling to build some music notation software based on kmid. Basically, he
> > wants to add musical notation (tablature) view with realtime highlighting
> > of the notes as they are playing.
>
> For the music score part of this proposal (and for other parts too
> probably), the work I did a couple of SoC's ago to add music notation
> support to Calligra can probably be of great use. The whole music notation
> support there consists already of a separate library that can easily be
> reused and a calligra-plugin linking to this library. I'd certainly be
> interested in co-mentoring this idea if it would be selected.

Also the code from the recently released MuseScore 1.0 which also based on Qt
might come in handy. How  much of that can be reused, I do not know, but it
certainly is an active project.

http://musescore.org/
    WYSIWYG, notes are entered on a "virtual note sheet"
    Unlimited number of staves
    Up to four voices per staff
    Easy and fast note entry with your keyboard, mouse, or MIDI keyboard
    Integrated sequencer and FluidSynth software synthesizer
    Import and export of MusicXML and Standard MIDI Files
    Available for Windows, Mac and Linux
    Translated in 35 languages
    GNU GPL licensed

Cheers,