Fwd: GSoC Idea based on Kmid

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Fri Apr 8 21:01:14 CEST 2011

Hello All,

Here is the original posting of a student, named Roshan Vidyashankar,
wiling to build some music notation software based on kmid.
Basically, he wants to add musical notation (tablature) view with
realtime highlighting of the notes as they are playing.
I attach his specification. He submitted it also here :
http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2011/roshanvid/1001
(I don't have access to this link)

I'm wiling to mentorship this project, as I'm now a regular KDE user and
developer. I'm currently participating to the new ksecretservice project
(https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/base/ksecretservice). I
intend putting more and more time in KDE development and as such I
registered for the Randa Sprint. However, I'm quite busy in my "real"
wife, as Software Architect and as a two children father :-)

As Roshan, I'm also playing guitar and have good music notation
background so I may really help Roshan. I think KDE needs a good
tablature viewing software and we should definitely accept this project.

Cheers,
Valentin