Coming up on 3 weeks

Slava Tokarev tsjoker at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 19:10:29 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm doing "porting SVG into khtml" project.

> How easy was your approach to KDE code?

I have to say it wasn't easy, considering the fact I had to unfork some of
the webkit's api :-) But with great help from my mentor and other devs it
was doable.

Have you started writing code already, or are you doing high-level
> designs? Or are you still tied up in exams?

I've started my work early and almost right away started to code. I have a
lot of things to care about, but I'm trying to do that test-driven
development way, first find an svg file to render and then make it works.
(so far I have very few that works fine)

Have you committed anything (code, designs, etc.)?

Yes, in my own branch: branches/work/khtml-blaze.

Have you blogged? If you haven't, you should. Talking about your ideas
> often gets more people interested and giving you feedback.

No, I've never been much of blogger, but actually, I've never tried. So,
giving the fact I already have some results to show, I'll blog very soon. ;)

> How do you like the community so far, for those of you who weren't part of
> it? Were you well received?

I liked the community very much. My mentor (Maksim Orlovich, SadEagle) is
really great. He helps me a lot and other devs are also really supportive.

Have a good coding! :)