Coming up on 3 weeks

Detlev Casanova detlev.casanova at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 13:30:08 CEST 2008

On Saturday 14 June 2008 00:46:51 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Hello students

Hello kde-soc admins :-)

> we're coming up on three weeks. I'd like to get some first impressions
> from you?
>
> How easy was your approach to KDE code?

Very easy, entering Kopete code was really fast.

> Have you started writing code already, or are you doing high-level
> designs? Or are you still tied up in exams?

Still tied up in exams :-( But I talked a lot with Iris library developpers so
I know what will come up next. (3 exams left)

> Have you committed anything (code, designs, etc.)?

I ported the Kopete sources into the soc-kopete-jingle branch and added some
buttons in the interface so it is possible to start a jingle session (well,
the slot does not even exists yet...)

> Have you blogged? If you haven't, you should. Talking about your ideas
> often gets more people interested and giving you feedback.

I haven't, but I will blog as much as the project evolves.

> How do you like the community so far, for those of you who weren't part of
> it? Were you well received?

Yes, well received, also by the Psi/Iris community. In fact, we were recently
talking about seeing each other at Akademy :-)

Cheers,
Detlev Casanova