Coming up on 3 weeks

David Capel wot.narg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 10:36:24 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:

> Hello students

Hi, I'm David and I'm working on a rewrite of the practice modes of Parley.

> How easy was your approach to KDE code?

I had done some minor work on parley and made a few silly kde/qt4 practice
programs, so the transition was fairly smooth. The quality of both libraries
is unmatched.

> Have you started writing code already, or are you doing high-level
> designs? Or are you still tied up in exams?

I've been writing code since before it officially started. :)

> Have you committed anything (code, designs, etc.)?

The parleypractice (my project's temporary name) testing mode is in a mostly
functional state and I'm working on the framework for the other modes
currently. You can find it in the repo in the work/soc-parley branch.

> Have you blogged? If you haven't, you should. Talking about your ideas
> often gets more people interested and giving you feedback.

None yet, I'll try to do that.

> How do you like the community so far, for those of you who weren't part of
> it? Were you well received?

I've mostly hung around #kde-edu and that crowd -- they are a very nice and
friendly group of people.