Coming up on 3 weeks

Szymon Tomasz Stefanek s.stefanek at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 03:21:09 CEST 2008

On Saturday 14 June 2008, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Hello students
>
> we're coming up on three weeks. I'd like to get some first impressions
> from you?
>
> How easy was your approach to KDE code?

KMail shows the signs of the times. The code is kinda hard to read
in certain parts. But I'm having fun with it, so it somehow goes on :)

> Have you started writing code already, or are you doing high-level
> designs? Or are you still tied up in exams?

I'm more or less in the middle of the project.

> Have you committed anything (code, designs, etc.)?

Committing small stuff since the beginning. Larger commits in my branch
since a couple of weeks. I'm in branches/kdepim/kmail-soc :)

> Have you blogged? If you haven't, you should. Talking about your ideas
> often gets more people interested and giving you feedback.

Nope. But I've been invited to describe my project on commit-digest.
I'll try to write something in the weekend.

> How do you like the community so far, for those of you who weren't part of
> it? Were you well received?

Thomas (my mentor) is very friendly and helpful. I often meet him on IRC.
The other kdepim developers are very busy so talks are restricted to the
bare minimum. That seems fine to me: "random talking" is often superflous,
better to write code. Nobody was unfriendly and I got some replies on the ml
when I asked for comments. :)

--

Szymon Stefanek