Coming up on 3 weeks

Lorenzo Villani lvillani at binaryhelix.net
Sat Jun 14 02:51:09 CEST 2008

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 00:46:51 +0200
Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:

> Hello students
>
> we're coming up on three weeks. I'd like to get some first
> impressions from you?
>
> How easy was your approach to KDE code?
>
> Have you started writing code already, or are you doing high-level
> designs? Or are you still tied up in exams?
Yes, I began writing some code even before GSoC has started and I'm
quite satisfied with the code I've committed so far.

> Have you committed anything (code, designs, etc.)?
Yes, I've made several commits to subversion repository, and most of
the application architecture is there, along with a kinda large portion
of working code, refactored several times during these weeks :)

> Have you blogged? If you haven't, you should. Talking about your
> ideas often gets more people interested and giving you feedback.
Yes, I blogged about the development of my application a couple of times

> How do you like the community so far, for those of you who weren't
> part of it? Were you well received?

The KDE community is great and Jaroslaw Staniek (my mentor) is
very friendly. But in general I found in KDE a great developer
community with very high-skilled people.

Regards
--
Lorenzo Villani <lvillani at binaryhelix.net>