Coming up on 3 weeks

cricketc at gmail.com cricketc at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 04:51:43 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 12:46:51AM +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Hello students
>
> we're coming up on three weeks. I'd like to get some first impressions
> from you?
>
> How easy was your approach to KDE code?

The KDE code is OK, but I'm working with MS document formats, which
can be frustrating. :)

> Have you started writing code already, or are you doing high-level
> designs? Or are you still tied up in exams?

I have written code already. I'm just porting the existing filter for
now, so there's not much high-level design work because I use the
existing structure.

> Have you committed anything (code, designs, etc.)?

Yes, I'm committing code to koffice/filters/kword/msword-odf.

> Have you blogged? If you haven't, you should. Talking about your ideas
> often gets more people interested and giving you feedback.

I haven't blogged, no. I guess I don't see my work as too interesting
to read about, because I'm just porting an existing filter right now.
Maybe further along I can talk about some improvements of the new
filter over the old.

> How do you like the community so far, for those of you who weren't part of
> it? Were you well received?

The community's great. I only chat once in a while on irc, but I hang
out there a lot, and it's interesting to follow the conversations.
People are happy to give their input on my questions, which is really
nice.

-Benjamin