[Google SoC] Any update?

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Wed Jul 20 21:53:24 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 21:10, Sean O'Dubhghaill wrote:

> Sorry for keeping quiet for so long I just didn't have much to report. I've
> been working 6/7 days a week for the past month so didn't have any time for
> my soc project. Thankfully thats finshed now (down to a more sensible 5
> days) so I started my project Monday. So far I just fleshed out my ideas a
> bit, got a few interface mockups done and have tried to get a copy of KDE's
> source compiled. I've had a little trouble getting KDE compiling, I tried
> with the 3.4 source first but couldn't get arts to compile, I'm downloading
> head as I type this so hopefully I'll have more luck there. If I don't get
> head to compile I'll mail the kde-soc list. I'll start hacking as soon as I
> get KDE compiling.

Well, if you have specific compilation errors we're happy to hear about them,
they should be easy to solve.

> One thing I was wondering about, Google wouldn't mind if I post my mockups
> to kde-usability to get some criticism or does that count as not doing the
> project on my own.

Thats not a problem. the Google guys want to avoid the hassle of having to pay
two persons per project, e.g. splitting the money, thats why they give the
requirement of only one person working on it. You're still free to ask for
help and to receive help or feedback, after all thats what we want :-)

--
Dirk//\