status report: SPI

James Horey jhorey at cs.unm.edu
Mon Aug 29 18:58:20 CEST 2005

Hello all,

It's been a while since I posted something to kde-soc, and I apologize for
that. However in the meantime I have been able to get some work done. Most of
my previous work has concentrated on getting much of the backend stuff
working. This has meant I spent a lot of time writing a good TinyOS program
that can be used as a template, and getting reliable communication between
the KDE program and the sensor hardware.

Recently however, I spent a lot of time trying to get the actual interface in
better shape. So far I've begun implementing creating/saving/loading sensor
network "projects". These projects consist of several files and metadata
necessary to keep a sensor network deployment organized. I've also written
some code to allow the user to specify global options (such as where the
TinyOS installation is). Hopefully this will go some way in making this
application usable.

The next immediate thing I'd like to do is finish some of the pivot-table and
query code. A lot of that code is already written and simply needs to be
refined and fixed. Once I have that done, I should have an application that
more people find interesting.

I have been keeping my code on sourceforge
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/sensorinterface/>. Once the application is
in a more interesting state, I will upload it to KDE's svn repository.

-James

--
James Horey
Email:jhorey at cs.unm.edu