Status report of soc-kontact-scripting on Aug 28

Kun Xi bookstack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 18:16:17 CEST 2005

Hello Mentors,

It looks like the effort on KABProxyImp template quite worthy, last
week, great progress
has made:

DONE:
  KAddressBook object model
  KMail object model
  KOrganizer object model

TODO
I would refine the object model design to make it more
script-friendly, and develop the
diagram to illustrate how to access exposed object.
The final object model is:
ns -- namespace, ob -- object, cs -- class, fn -- function, prop -- property

AddressBook (ns)
  contacts(fn) -- returns the Array of contacts.
  addContact(fn)
  removeContact(fn)
  Contact(cs) -- returns a instance of Contact.
   lastName(prop)
   firstName(prop)
   ... ...

Mail
  Inbox(ob)
    mails(fn)  -- return array of mails
    addMail(fn)
    removeMail(fn) -- move mail to the trash
  Outbox(ob)
  Sent(ob)
  Draft(ob)
  Trash(ob)

  Message(ob) -- instance of message

  sendMessage(fn) -- default send method
  sendMessageLater(fn)
  sendMessageNow(fn)

Calendar
  todos(fn)  -- array of todos
  events(fn) -- array of events
  Todo(ob)
  Event(ob)

  addTodo, removeTodo
  addEvent, removeEvent

So far, the skeleton of the Kontact suite is ready. I would add more
methods and properties after SoC deadline if I have the honor to
continue working on Kontact.

There is another feature missing: the preference page to configure the
Add-on. I am currently working on that.

Best Regards.

Kun Xi