About commiting the soc code

Keith Hans keithhans at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 06:10:36 CEST 2005

Hi Thiago,

I don't like the idea of branching or patching konqueror:P
Fortunately, David told me it possible to add the plugin without
modification to konqueror sourcetree. I'll try it out ASAP.

I started my work without knowledge of svn. I am working on kde3.4.1,
This is a big mistake. I'll switch to rev. 452027 ASAP.

> Ok, then you have two choices:
>
> 1) to create a branch for Konqueror and the source for your plugin
>
> or
> 2) to store a diff file in Subversion.
>
> I'd say 1 is the best option, but it's also the harder one. Do you know
> what revision, exactly, you worked on?
>
> If you have been working on a Subversion checkout, you can do this:
> svn up
> #  make sure it works
> #  make sure you did svn add to all new files
> svn mkdir $SVNROOT/branches/work/soc-visualhistory
> svn cp kdebase $SVNROOT/branches/work/soc-visualhistory/
>
> Then go to a new dir and do:
> svn co $SVNROOT/branches/work/soc-visualhistory/kdebase
>
> and make sure it still works.
>
> I'm sending this with Cc to the mailing list so that other mentors know
> what you are about to do. If you aren't sure of what you're doing, ask
> for help in IRC and someone will guide you through it.
>
> (If you aren't sure, make a backup of your work, just in case)
You are nice. Really appreciate your help:)

Cheers,
Keith