About commiting the soc code

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Aug 23 05:20:00 CEST 2005

Keith Hans wrote:
>I'm trying to make it a completely separate one, but so far it still
>need some modification  of Konqueror's source tree.
>
>Files in kdebase/konqueror/sidebar/ are changed and on my box my
>plugin locates at kdebase/konqueror/sidebar/vizHistory. Just like
>other modules, it includes files viz_module.* viz_widget.* viz_graph.*
>and pics/*.png.

Ok, then you have two choices:

1) to create a branch for Konqueror and the source for your plugin

or
2) to store a diff file in Subversion.

I'd say 1 is the best option, but it's also the harder one. Do you know
what revision, exactly, you worked on?

If you have been working on a Subversion checkout, you can do this:
svn up
#  make sure it works
#  make sure you did svn add to all new files
svn mkdir $SVNROOT/branches/work/soc-visualhistory
svn cp kdebase $SVNROOT/branches/work/soc-visualhistory/

Then go to a new dir and do:
svn co $SVNROOT/branches/work/soc-visualhistory/kdebase

and make sure it still works.

I'm sending this with Cc to the mailing list so that other mentors know
what you are about to do. If you aren't sure of what you're doing, ask
for help in IRC and someone will guide you through it.

(If you aren't sure, make a backup of your work, just in case)

Best luck
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

3. Ac seo woruld wearð geborod, swá se Scieppend cwæð "Gewurde Unix" and
wundor fremede and him "Unix" genemned, þæt is se rihtendgesamnung.