[Kde-silk] Introducing Project Silk

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Sat Sep 19 01:02:03 CEST 2009

(please CC me on replies as I'm currently not subscribed, sorry for breaking
the thread but KNode which I'm using for reading mls decided to crash every
time I tried to reply)

Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Where to go from here?
>
> * A write-up of ideas from that bar in Las Palmas:
>   http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Silk
> * Some of the code we've been working on:
>   http://gitorious.org/project-silk
> * Selkie experimental standalone web app:
>   http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Silk/Selkie
> * IRC channel: #kde-silk on Freenode

I've recently been working on an library providing a single API for using
several RPC protocols. It was designed with QtDBus in mind and currently
provides XML-RPC and (simple) JSON-RPC (using QJson).

The code can currently be found at:
http://code.confuego.org/index.php/p/qrpc/

Unfortunately it still lacks documentation (apart from apidox and unit-tests)
and hasn't experienced any real-world testing yet. It's also unreleased as of
yet.

Apart from that the tests I have been conducting worked and there's even a
simple generator for stubs/interfaces from some XML service description
(unfortunately not WSDL as I wasn't all that interested in implementing my own
XMLSchema parser :-)).

Could this be of interest for silk (or maybe parts of it)? Are there any other
plans for communication protocols yet?

Regards,
Michael