[kde-services-devel] Getting Started with a Server

David Solbach d at vidsolbach.de
Tue Mar 4 21:40:16 CET 2008

Hi Josef,

Thanks for your answer.

> Which links are broken?
If you go to http://ghns.freedesktop.org/hotstuff/ the download and the
homepage link on the right side are broken.

> course, if you plan something big, a dedicated installation would be the
> way to go. Any such setup can also use other public SVNs, we recently
> discussed this in the context of Amarok if you want to crawl the list
> archives.
Yes, actually I already host the plasma, phonon and solid project websites. I
have a server with some bandwidth (1tb/month, possibly more, 100mbit uplink),
good backup and support, and I talked shortly to jpwhiting and fregl on
#plasma about the possibility of hosting a GHNS Server maybe even for real
usage not just for testing.

I already found the 0.9.2 download of the scripts. That is the current state
of the art? (I haven't looked at it yet) Are there any extra tricks I have to
know before giving it a try?

David

PS: which amarok list exactly? so I yould catch up a bit..