Introducing me to the work

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sat Dec 19 17:58:34 CET 2009

On Saturday 19 December 2009 09:59:44 lnas90 lnas90 wrote:
> Well folks my name is Lucas Nunes, also known as lnas90 (lowercase L not I
> confuse people), I live in Brazil at Feira de Santana in Bahia state.

> Please if you have any task that can be really useful, let me know.

Well there's plenty to do in the KDE community if you want to help, trust me.
;)

The "official" page detailing how to get involved is at
http://www.kde.org/getinvolved/  (Sadly, this page is itself out of date in
many ways, with entries from 2004 and broken links :( ) Perhaps fixing the
"Get Involved" page should be the first thing we do! ;)

A more up to date page is the "How to Contribute" page on the KDE technical
wiki, TechBase. It even is partially translated to pt_BR
(http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute_(pt_BR) )

The big conclusion is that we could always use help with bug triaging (trying
to see if a bug is reproduceable or if it only exists on the bug reporter's
computer, also merging duplicate bug reports into a single existing one)

The pt_BR translation team might be able to use your help with translation
(although maybe not, maybe they have no work to do ;)

You could join a promotion team (see the kde-promo mailing list) and help
organize KDE conferences in the South Americas (and get to meet and work with
many fun people in the process)

So hopefully this helps you out.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne