kde 4.1 needs

Richard richard at cornbread.cc
Fri May 30 04:08:09 CEST 2008

My needs as a regular kde user:

This is what it will take for me to move to 4.1 from 3.5.9:

1. Desktop power: many tools at my fingertips and this includes icons in some fashion.

2. Great right click functionality: I have many right click extensions currently from resizing pictures to moving a file or folder to anywhere on my computer with one click.

3. I like the zoom out approach with an unlimited canvas but I want to zoom in and have separate desktops and even separate icon sets on each desktop. Also the ability to have widgets duplicated on every desktop canvas.

4. The choice of either compiz-fusion or kwin-compositing

5. Less clutter. when viewing a desktop I only want to see what windows are open on that desktop in the taskbar.

Keep up the great work!