[Fwd: [Fwd: Re: [kde-artists] NEWS flash from GNOME. :-D]]

JRT jrt256 at earthlink.net
Thu May 31 10:05:51 CEST 2007

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> [...]

It is probably the same piece of code so it would be easier to fix in
the stable release first.

> KDE 4.0 should "play
> nice" and follow the freedesktop.org standard where they apply.
>
> I'd have no objection to a option (hidden or otherwise) to restore the old
> behavior ala:
>
> When multiple themes provide icon(s) for a particular role:
> (*) Minimize inconsistent style.
> ( ) Minimize scaling.

To make a minor point.  Minimize Scaling isn't the best idea since
48x48s tend to make better 22x22s.

> [+ other options as desired.]

I really think that the relevant people don't understand that there
really is an error in the code so they don't fix it.  But, as you say,
if they want the incorrect behavior as an option, that is no problem
with me either.  I just want for it to work correctly.  My current icon
system works correctly with "USRHiColor (my theme, its on KDElook) ->
KDEClassic -> HiColor -> Gnome -> CrystalSVG" but it is a kludge.  I
would like to be able to set that in the ControlCenter and have it work
that way.

--
JRT