[Fwd: [Fwd: Re: [kde-artists] NEWS flash from GNOME. :-D]]

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu May 31 10:29:46 CEST 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> [...]

actually, we follow the icon spec closer in 4.0 that we did in 3.x, e.g. we've
adapted to the naming conventions. if you follow the steps james lays out
here (select oxygen, put 32px as the default, open the file manager) you will
see oxygen icons contrary to what he's saying here. James has constructed a
problem that doesn't exist in the real world and is trying with great effort
and repeated attempts to pass it off as the end of the icon world. he's also
taken the conversation completely out of context, which was originally about
how "horrible" it was that GNOME is shipping icons for KDE applications. this
is not the first time (far from it) that he's raised this non-issue under
various guises, nor is it the first time the artists have tried to explain to
him why things are the way they are.

for those who were needlessly and ungraciously subjected to this thread, let
me just provide the context that this is his modus operandi and after a few
years of dealing with his needlessly argumentative and contentious behaviour,
i'm tired of it.

posting this to a list where it is obviously off-topic is just more of the
same from James and why i responded as bluntly as i did to him in the first
place. i apologize to everyone whose inbox was needlessly bloated by his
innapropriate cross-posting.

for those who *are* new here: kde does greet people with open arms and go to
great lengths to welcome all equally, but that doesn't mean the project is
open for or tollerates abuse. the fact that James has consistently engaged in
this behaviour for years before it getting to this point says a lot. if
anything, we're too understanding and err on the side hospitality.

and i'm not sure what any of this has to do with kde-quality. =/

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se