questions about kde-quality

Amir Taaki amir.taaki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 19:44:37 CET 2007

Hello,

I was browsing the kde sites and happened upon http://quality.kde.org/, it is
a very nice read for me and I'm interested in some questions.

I'm also a developer working on Crystal Space and generally I've never seen
this explicit formal joining of projects in oss as ever being effective (new
recruits tend to get bored)- only people slowly 'edging in' by becoming more
familiar and making social ties. Yet there seems to be quite a bit of
information and it all looks very encouraging to me.

Not only is it concise but it looks like a lot of thought has gone into the
strategies and was wondering how successful this kind of recruitment has been
for you? Is there any advice you can also give about how best to encourage
new people, and how you deal with the artists?

Knowing more about behind the scenes is interesting :) Thanks.

Amir Taaki