questions about kde-quality

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Mar 7 00:45:00 CET 2007

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 19:44, Amir Taaki wrote:
> I was browsing the kde sites and happened upon http://quality.kde.org/, it
> is a very nice read for me and I'm interested in some questions.
>
> I'm also a developer working on Crystal Space and generally I've never seen
> this explicit formal joining of projects in oss as ever being effective

I don't think it's effective either. Although the site is nicely set up, the
rate at which new people show up on this mailing list is very low, and the
people that I actually see joining the project (or some sub-project) tend to
show up on the project mailing lists and never know about this one.

People show up here needing direction -- asking generally how to help. Without
a desire to fix something specific or help in a certain direction to *begin
with*, I've never seen anyone get that direction from talking here. We try to
provide useful information to get people started, but that doesn't get them
attached. Since we do lack a "do this, then that" kind of management for
potential new contributors without direction, we lose them -- but there's not
all that many of them.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/